The Stamford ASC follows CDC social distancing and face-covering guidelines for the safety of patients and staff.
- All patients and staff are temperature and symptom screened upon arrival to the office.
- Patients and visitors must wear face-covering to all appointments
- If you arrive for your appointment without a face mask you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- Waiting areas have been redesigned for socially distancing
- You may be asked to wait in your car if safe seating is not available.
Effective March 16, 2021 visitors are now being allowed on a limited basis. All visitors must be screened according to the standard Stamford ASC screening guidelines. If a visitor screens positive, entrance to Stamford ASC will not be permitted. In addition, all visitors must wear a medical grade face mask for the duration of their stay.
Patients will be instructed to have only one responsible adult accompany them on the day of surgery. This visitor must remain with the patient or in the appropriate waiting area for the full duration of the visit.
Pre- Surgery Patient Instructions
1. NO SOLID FOODS after midnight, or not later than 7 hours before your surgery. Therefore, if you have an afternoon surgery you may eat a “light” breakfast up to 7 hours prior to surgery. A light breakfast may include hot/cold cereal with low fat milk, toast with jam, low fat yogurt, fruit, fruit juice, coffee or tea.
2. CLEAR LIQUIDS up until 3 hours prior to your admission time. We encourage you to drink clear, sugar rich fluids.
What are clear fluids? Anything you can see through (such as non-red Gatorade, white cranberry juice or apple juice). Orange juice, apple cider and milk ARE NOT clear liquids.
You may have black coffee or tea (no milk). No alcoholic beverages.
- If you are taking blood thinners (e.g. Coumadic, Pradaxa, Eliquis, Arixtra or Xarelto), please consult with your surgeon and prescribing physician for further instructions.
- If you are having surgery on your Foot, Ankle, Hand, Wrist, or Elbox you may continue to take Asprin or Plavix. For all other surgeries consult with your surgeon.
- Seven days prior to surgery, stop all vitamins, multi-vitamions, herbal supplements, including:
Vitamin E Papaya Ginkgo Biloba Omega 3 Curcumin Ginger Bilberry Selenium Fatty Acidy Cayenne Fish Oil Tumeric
4. Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothes that are easy to remove. You will be provided with proper attire during your stay. Do not wear jewelry or bring valuables with you on the day of your surgery.
5. Please do not bring children with you to your surgery.
6. A responsible adult must accompany you to your surgery, and be available to discuss your discharge instructions and to drive you home. An adult should also be with you 24 hours after surgery.
7. If any change in your health occurs such as cold, cough or fever within one week prior to your surgery, please notify your surgeon immediately.
8. A physical examination, pre-operative history or lab tests may be required prior to your surgery. Your surgeon’s office will make these arrangements for you. You will also need to be tested for Covid-19 withing 48 hrs of your surgery. An ONS Physician Assistant will call you to schedule or you may register on My Chart and self schedule your own Covid-19 test. Test results will return to your My Chart account.
9. You will receive a call the day before surgery to tell you what time to arrive. Please arrive on time so that admission procedures and evaluation from the anesthesia staff can be accomplished prior to your surgery.
10. Please bring all your insurance cards, and proper ID when you check in for surgery.
The Stamford ASC will expect you to be responsible for the center and anesthesia charge if your insurance plan does not cover it. This will include such costs as the charges for use of an operating room, equipment, and personnel.
If you have any questions regarding the Stamford ASC fees, please feel free to contact out billing department at 888-252-7870, x303 at least 3 days prior to the surgery. If you have any further questions please contact us at: 203-252-5400